Slideshow: The most-popular MCUs ever
Microchip Technology PIC16 MCU series
Microchip has sold more than 7 Billion units of the PIC16 MCU series. We still see strong growth in this series and expect this to continue for several more years.
Visit the PIC16F1936 MCU product page, which is representative of the PIC16F193X Family and the larger PIC16 MCU series at http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?dDocName=en538158
- Migration and Flexibility of the product line (both Code and Pin compatible across the family). This allows customers to effortlessly migrate to MCUs within the series that have larger or smaller memory, without modifying the board.
- Quality and Reliability of products.
- Development Tools. Easy to use and easy to design in. Microchip’s MPLAB X IDE is free, which provides a low barrier of entry for new design engineers. And, Microchip is the only MCU provider to support all of its more than 1,000 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit MCUs from one single IDE.
- Great customer support in the field.
- Competitive Pricing.
Top three application areas:
The PIC16 MCU series is horizontal in nature, and does not have one customer or application that accounts for more than 5% of the total revenue. However, the primary industries that these MCUs serve include Automotive, Industrial and Consumer.
The PIC18F46K22 block diagram is representative of the PIC18 MCU series.
- 28-pin MCUs feature eXtreme Low Power technology and 10-bit ADC
- USB PIC MCUs are scalable, eXtreme Low Power
- PIC32MX microcontrollers target human interface and digital audio
- A Cool Graphical Tool for PIC Programmers
No Article Found