Mystique converters bridge digital display interfaces
EDN Staff - June 17, 2012
The Mystique family of products are high-speed active-protocol bi-directional converter SoCs for managing audio and video signals between DisplayPort and HDMI. The converters accept and output DisplayPort 1.2 High Bit Rate 2 data at 5.4 Gbps per lane. Only two data pairs are needed to drive a Full HD 120Hz TV, minimizing cable and component cost and signal routing space.
- Dual mode DisplayPort 1.2/HDMI1.4-compliant transmitter and receiver
- RGB and YUV video formats with deep color support to 16 bits/color
- HDCP 1.3 with on-chip keys and HDCP repeater capability
- Adaptive equalization and pre-emphasis for long-reach cable support
- Spread-spectrum technique to reduce EMI
- Embedded DisplayPort authentication support
The family of products includes:
- STDP2600 – HDMI 1.4 to Dual-Mode DisplayPort (DP++) converter
- SDTP2650 – DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 1.4 converter
- STDP2690 – DisplayPort 1.2 to Dual-Mode DisplayPort (DP++) converter
For more information visit STMicroelectronics.