LED drivers provide ease of retrofit
The controller is designed for phase-dimmable, offline AC/DC LED lamp and downlight use. Housed in a small 6-pin TSOT package it has a power factor correction above 0.9 and delivers smooth, flicker-free dimming with conventional dimmers. The driver targets low-voltage AC or low-voltage DC LED lamp applications such as MR16 and AR111.
Key features of both devices include:
- TPS92075 for E14, GU10, A19 and PAR20/30/38 bulbs
- Small 6-pin TSOT package measures 2.9 mm by 2.9 mm.
- Step-down (buck) or step-up/step-down (buck-boost) operation suitable for 120-VAC or 230-VAC LED lamps and downlights.
- Power factor correction greater than 0.9 meets regulatory requirements for lighting.
- Flicker-free dimming compatible with TRIAC and trailing-edge dimmers.
- TPS92560 for MR16 and AR111 bulbs
- Simple hysteretic input current control scheme requires no complicated loop compensation and enhances compatibility with electronic transformers.
- Integrated active low-side input rectifiers improve efficiency, simplify design and lower bill of materials.
- Step-up (boost) or step-up/step-down (SEPIC) operation suitable for use with a variety of LED loads.
The TPS92560 and TPS92075 are available in volume. Offered in a 10-pin PowerPad MSOP package, the TPS92560 is priced at US$0.72 each in 1,000-unit quantities. Priced at US$0.75, the TPS92075 is offered in an 8-pin SOIC package, and a small 6-pin TSOT package will be available soon.
For more information visit Texas Instruments.
For controller and driver datasheets visit Datasheets.com.