Osram headlight LED becomes part of standard soldering process
Figure 1. Cyclic thermal stability, homogeneous light distribution, small package dimensions and more: the new 2-chip LED from Osram Opto Semiconductors lines up with a wealth of advantages.
The LED achieves over 500 lumens at 1 ampere from a compact 3.1 mm x 3.75 mm x 0.5 mm (height) package. The slimmer LED is suitable for both low beams and high beams, fog lamps and daytime running lights with guides where optical incoupling is used.
Additional features include:
- Homogeneous distribution of light
- Very good contrast ratio and cyclic stability
- QFN housing expands similar to the PCB during high-tem cycle loads
- Soldered joints are stronger and exposed to less strain
- Sealing technology enables uniform distribution of light and good contrast conditions
Samples are available, volume start-up in early 2014. Contact company for pricing and delivery.
For a range of product materials, click here.
For more information, visit Osram Opto Semiconductors
Download LED datasheets at Datasheets.com.