EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Analog and Sensors
EDN staff -December 07, 2016
This section of EDN's Hot 100 Products of 2016 features analog ICs including transistors, transceivers, and others offering significant similar analog functions, and sensors and MEMS products. Click on any product name to read the original full article on EDN:
- Active signal characterization technology
"... enables an end-user to monitor multiple personal biometrics such as: continuous heart rate, distance, speed, cadence, VO2 and VO2 max, among other biometrics."
- AD8233 analog front-end IC
"... enables smaller, lighter, and less obtrusive cardiac monitoring."
- AD9162 16-bit, 12-Gsample/s DAC
"... provides a 2.5-GHz bandwidth that exceeds the 1.794-GHz optional future requirement specified by the cable industry’s DOCSIS 3.1 standard by nearly 40%."
- HMC8100 and HMC8200 Rx/Tx converters
"... replace multiple discrete parts to simplify design and reduce board space in microwave backhaul applications."
- LSJ689 dual, P-channel JFET
"... has an excellent noise voltage spec at 1.8 nV/√Hz at 1 kHz with low input capacitance."
Linear Integrated Systems
- LTC2947 power and energy monitor
"... will provide up to 1.2% accurate energy readings at up to ±30A."
- LTC2986 temperature-measurement IC
"... directly digitizes any combination of thermocouples, RTDs, thermistors, and external diodes with 0.1°C accuracy and 0.001°C resolution."
- LTC5596 RMS power detector
"... will give accurate, true power measurement of RF and microwave signals independent of modulation and waveforms."
- MAXREFDES100# health sensor platform
"... takes the sheer volume of the many ICs that need to be properly integrated into a full architectural system and helps designers see and evaluate the features of these ICs at work."
- RadioVerse integrated RF transceiver solution
"... enables design engineers to have access to a new set of tools to develop a complete wireless system design using a unique integrated, wideband RF and low power transceiver technology."
- Si534xH coherent optical clocks
"... combine frequency flexibility with very low jitter of 50 sfs RMS, replacing multiple custom, long-lead time VCSOs with a clock IC solution available at two-week lead times."
- XR3318x RS-485/RS-422 receivers
"... useful for point-to-point applications where space is critical."
- ADXL354 and ADXL355 MEMS accelerometers
"... perform high-resolution vibration measurement to enable the early detection of structural defects via wireless sensor networks."
- AS5171 magnetic position sensor SiP package
"... helps automotive suppliers to meet car manufacturers’ demands for safety and efficiency."
- BMX160 9-axis motion sensor
"... meets the increasingly more stringent low-power requirements required by wearable devices."
- Elite Platform MEMS oscillators
"... holds great promise in helping communications equipment to deliver the highest performance, best reliability, and highest quality of service. "
- HC1100 clinical-grade biosensor patches
"... support heart rate, blood oxygen levels, and respiration, as well as the capability to interface with MEMS microphones and MEMS motion sensors. "
HMicro and STMicroelectronics
- KAE-08151 interline transfer EMCCD image sensor
"... provides 8-Mpixel resolution for very low-light applications."
- MEMS scanning mirror technology
"... acquires and processes signals from a data source to control and synchronize the color mix and placement of the individual pixels."
- SENtrace coprocessor for wearables
"... enables existing ultra-low power inertial sensors to track users when there is little or no GPS signal available. "
PNI Sensor Corporation
- TLx496x series of Hall sensors
"... offers precise switching points, stable operation, and low power consumption."
- TMD2620 proximity-detection module and TMD2725 sensor module
"... enable Android smartphone manufacturers to reduce the sensor aperture in the display’s cover glass by as much as 50%."
- TMD3700 optical sensor
"... provides an ALS (ambient light sensing) field-of-view of 45°, ALS accuracy of ±10%, and an operating range of 200 milli-lux to 60 kilo-lux behind dark glass."
- VM1010 piezoelectric MEMS microphone
"... will allow designers to advance voice and acoustic event monitoring in their systems."
More Hot 100 products of 2016:
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: CAD/EDA
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Development Kits, Reference Designs
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Microcontrollers, Processors, & SBCs
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Power
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: RF, Wireless & Networking
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Software Development
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Test & Measurement