Biography has not been added
- Electronics interference: LG displays and routers
- Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the FCC had no requirements for product immunity and only required and tested for product emissions. So LG are free to sell a display in the USA which does not function correctly close to a router. Here in the EU, there are mandatory standards for emissions and immunity. Products must meet both obtain the CE mark and so free access to the European market. As an engineer I cannot understand how the current lack of an FCC immunity standard in the USA is compatible with ensuring the reliable operation of electronic devices: a manufacturer can work hard to reduce EMI emissions to a minimum but if there is no required immunity standard then a badly designed susceptible product may still fail to operate corrrectly!
- False alarm
- I'm glad your investigation bore you fruit before the problem sent you bananas!! (sorry...) Great article, thanks for sharing.
- Going toastal
- Witty article, but it was first published 20 years ago... Is there not anything new to comment on? Why this continual rehashing of old stuff? Is EDN becoming a museum? Excuse the rant, but it's the same with the NPR radio show, 'Car Talk', after one the presenters died - great stuff but we can't live in nostalgia all our lives, can we? We need to give new people and new topics a chance.
- Slumdog Millionaire -- a MUST SEE film!
- Here's another excellent one: http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/