Biography has not been added
- State machines ease programming microcontrollers
- Excellent article on state machines - one of the first things I learned in school - was an invaluable tool throughout my career. It provide an excellent visual as to how the system will operate allowing you to analyze the problem thoroughly. i.e. make sure you have the system reaction to each input from every state. Once that's done you've covered a lot of ground towards a robust design. Added benefit? generally pretty easy to implement! Thank you! Tom http://www.mitydsp.com
- Component obsolescence: Is your process up to the challenge?
- Nice overview for how to deal with EOL. Never fun, but the sooner you find out about and act on an upcoming problem, the better. Aligning component choices with components for which there are multiple drop-in replacements, and suppliers who are committed to longevity (like TI) for one-of-a-kind components is a good strategy for heading off these types of emergencies. Tom http://www.mitydsp.com
- LTE stress testing
- Stress testing is one of the important steps in fielding a successful product. With the rapid pace of the constant 2-year upgrade cycle that cell phone customers are addicted to it seems that providers have perhaps been rushing -- or skipping all together this important step towards reliability and ultimately customer satisfaction. Interesting that the incorporation of stress testing is now a newsworthy event! Tom http://www.mitydsp.com