Biography has not been added
- Reduce relay coil current with a reset controller IC
- Bipolar transistors that have the bias resistors built-in. They are used more for digital switching rather than operation in the analog domain.
- Steve Jobs never would have done that at Apple
- Jobs' small tablet size argument is silly looking at it in context. The limits of placing elements on a touch screen were obviously good enough for a 3.5" screen iPhone that was introduced 3 years before the iPad.
- Was Tesla for real, or not?
- I love Newton's dig at Hooke!
- Glossing over lossy capacitors
- When the electrolyte freezes, the cap stops doing what it is supposed to do...
- Is China destroying the solar energy industry?
- Why should we expect a solar panel to last 25 years? Because it is a fixed installation and has a price that should be amortized over 25 years, not 2 or 3. Do you get rid of your house because it is 3 years old? Do we tear out a bridge and replace it every 5 years? Some things are expected to last decades. I would expect a solar installation to be on the list. A solar panel and inverter does not have moving parts nor is it moved around (getting banged and dropped). There should not be anything that breaks if it is designed right (except maybe an odd tree branch falling on a panel).
- What should NASA do next?
- Drop a rover on the ice located in the craters on Mercury's poles. See if there is anything interesting there.
- 5 Engineers: What’s the most idiotic question you’ve ever been asked during a job interview?
- Isn't the volume of a cylinder pi*r^2*h? 4/3*pi*r^2 would be a sphere.
- Rocket mail attempt fails, June 28, 1928
- Almost a decade after Gerhard Zucker first sent mail across the English Channel by rocket, Germany sent a few thousand of them accross to London as a message. ;-) Didn't realize that there was rocket mail. Learned something new.
- DSP brings you a high-definition moon walk
Damn! We are out of tape. Hey, let's erase and use this one. WTF?
- Find hex-code values for microcontroller’s ADC voltages
I kind of thought that was usually in the data sheet for an ADC. It is a basic formula for using an ADC.