Biography has not been added
- Solar explosion leads to blackout, March 10, 1989
- Very interesting. I don't see the link to the NASA animation that the article refers to.
- ICs of the 1930s & 1940s
- Beautful and fascinating. Thanks so much for this article.
- 1st radio broadcast transmitted from space, December 19, 1958
- Wouldn't we have to give Sputnik 1 credit for the first broadcasts? They were in Morse code, not voice; but broadcasts they were.
- Murphy's Law applies even under water
- This is a terrific column and this tale surely is one of the best. Hex, by fax, by telephone dictation. Possibly with foreign accents? Nice work!
- Morse Code in orbit
- I hope you do write more about Morse code! I'm new to these columns and don't know, but hope you have pointed readers to the excellent book "The Victorian Internet" about how suddenly entire world went on line in the mid1850s. The cultural & economic shocks paralleled those of the late 1900s in many ways. Written by an "Economist" magazine science editor.