Glen Chenier's profile
Biography has not been added
- 54 Comment(s)
- Simple circuit indicates a low battery
- Nice idea! Innovative and elegant.
- The last half-century: Wirewound resistors Part two
- What an interesting and informative story! Will never look at resistors the same way again. Would be nice to see more related blogs about the trials and tribulations of developing other types of parts, there must be those out there with stories to tell...
- Resistor combinations: How many values using 1kohm resistors?
- @xienwolf, Right, you are an astute reader. Noted these 2 errors in previous comments: "Oops! I goofed on the group of 5 lower right corner - is 500 ohms, not 333 ohms. Sept 17, 2013 4:41 PM EDT" "Also there is a 2nd goof in the groupings of 5. Can you spot it? Sept 17, 2013 4:46 PM EDT"
- Counterfeit threats for electronic parts
- Simple solution - do not buy ANYTHING from China
- A method of demonstrating transmission-line behavior on a dual-channel oscilloscope
- Yor, try this experiment: Drive only one speaker with a tone, say about 400 Hz. Plug one ear so that only one ear is functional. Then move slowly around the room and note how many places the sound weakens or disappears, you will have to move your head in all 3 dimensions to find the perfect nulls. The standing wave nulls are caused by waves reflecting off the walls and furniture. They change location depending on wavelength. When listening to stereo music, two speakers, two ears, and many frequencies at the same time make these nulls difficult to detect.
- Rule of Thumb #1: Bandwidth of a signal from its rise time
- Quoted from the article: "What is Bandwidth? Bandwidth is the highest sine wave frequency component that is significant in a signal." Accurate definition of what it USED to be. Nowadays the term "bandwidth" has been bastardized into bps, Bps, and any other terminology that the marketeers have invented to push their high-speed agendas. Too bad this original and accurate definition got lost in the hype.
- Print PCBs at your desk: Desktop printer launches on Kickstarter
- Can it print onto FR-4 PCB material? Thinking of copperclad one side to make a ground plane.
- Tech paper writing tips: A dark and stormy night
- "The teacher", said the inspector, "is an idiot." The teacher said "The inspector is an idiot."
- Capacitor charge transfer
- Just tried Zillman's experiment with 10uF X7R charged to 10V and the other 10uF X7R discharged. Voltage dropped to 4.1V and 4V (swapped caps around to negate tolerance error). Wires were foot long alligator leads.