Infographic exposes autonomous car history
…self-driving vehicles are not a brainchild of the 21st century. Inventors were experimenting with remote-control radio systems as early as the 1920s. The world even caught a first glimpse of what the future might look like at the GM Futurama exhibit at the New York World's Fair in 1939. The initial scope of the research into these types of vehicles was quite different and was focused more on independent cars that could “communicate” with magnetic cables on dedicated road systems.
- Can we accept autonomous vehicles with autonomous bugs?
- Self-driving cars will save money and lives as they destroy jobs
- Self-driving cars are stuck at idle, while driver assistance accelerates
- Moving from 24 GHz to 77 GHz radar
- Gen Y suspect of autonomous vehicles. Is mistrust based in reality?