EDN cartoons from the 1980s: Part 2
This cartoon from the August 7, 1986 issue shows its age. For one thing, both the manager and engineer are wearing ties. Remember those days? I don't miss them. The computer terminal reminds me of A DEC VT100. I don’t miss those, either.
How would you write the caption today? What would happen today if your code missed a decimal point?
Check back for Part 3 tomorrow, December 28.
- EDN cartoons from the 1980s: Part 1
- EDN cartoons from the 1980s: Part 3
- EDN cartoons from the 1980s: Part 4
- Cartoon: The first oscilloscope
- Mariner 1 destroyed due to code error, July 22, 1962
- Fixed point math