EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: RF, Wireless & Networking
This section of EDN's Hot 100 Products of 2016 includes communications/networking products for RF and wireless applications, often targeting the IoT. Click on any product name to read the original full article on EDN:
- AWL5911 5-GHz power amplifier
"... provides 33 dB of linear power gain and low 1.8% EVM (error vector magnitude) with a 5-V supply and output power of +22 dBm."
- BLE652 Bluetooth V4.2 and NFC certified radio module
"... provides a stable, standalone Bluetooth environment for any embedded design."
- bq501210 wireless power transmitter
"... monitors all communication from the device being wirelessly powered, and adjusts power applied to the transmitter coil per feedback received from the power device."
- ConnectCore for i.MX6UL starter kit
"... enables rapid development of smart connected devices."
- Flex-, Blue-, and Mighty Gecko SoC devices
"... incorporate both sub-GHz and 2.4 GHz radios along with an ARM processor running the appropriate protocols."
- HMCx RF and microwave connectorized modules
"... are suitable for use in telecommunications, test instrumentation, electronic warfare, aerospace, and radar applications."
- IS1870 and IS1871 RF ICs and BM70 module
"... allow designers to leverage the low power consumption and simplicity of Bluetooth LE connectivity in a diverse range of IoT and Bluetooth beacon applications."
- LTC5586 I/Q demodulator
"... has built-in SPI tunability, allowing the demodulator to set its LO input to any frequency band from 300MHz to 6GHz without using external matching components."
- MKR1000 development board
"... provides a simple way to add wireless connectivity to IoT battery-powered projects."
- PAN1760 Bluetooth Smart place-and-play module
"Engineers can use the module for data transfer to smartphones and tablets, wireless health monitoring, smart home automation, and portable applications without a host MCU."
- RadioVerse RF transceiver solution
"... enables design engineers to have access to a new set of tools to develop a complete wireless system design using a unique integrated, wideband RF and low power transceiver technology. "
- RN2483 LoRa wireless module
"... enables designers to integrate their end devices into any LoRaWAN network."
- Simblee IoT module
"... you can work up an embedded system that talks to an iOS or Android app of your own design."
- SKY66115-11 RF front-end-module and CC1310 wireless MCU
"... offers long-range communications from 470 MHz to 510 MHz and increased output power for smart metering, RFID, industrial, and IoT applications."
Skyworks and Texas Instruments
- ZL70550 RF transceiver
"... can be used for wireless applications operating on coin-cell batteries or energy harvesters, such as electronic shelf labels, retail asset tracking, process control, wearable monitoring, and medical diagnostics."
More Hot 100 products of 2016:
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Analog
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: CAD/EDA
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Development Kits, Reference Designs
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Microcontrollers, Processors, & SBCs
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Power
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Sensors
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Software Development
- EDN Hot 100 products of 2016: Test & Measurement