PXI chassis keeps instrument modules cool
- Total slots: 18
- Hybrid slots (PXI and PXIe): 5
- PXIe-only slots: 11 + 1 for system timing (PXIe-1085 has a single PXIe slot for system timing only, plus 16 slots for instruments.)
- System bandwidth: 24 Gbytes/s
- Slot bandwidth: 8 Gbytes/s
To keep modules cool, the PXIe-1095 uses three 210 CFM (cubic feet/min) fans through positive pressurization. A secondary cooling fan adds another 70 CFM.
Why design a PXI chassis with more cooling? Currently, the PXI modules that benefit from the additional capacity are NI's FlexRio line of digitizers with FPGAs for on-board signal processing. According to NI, expect more modules in the coming year that will need the increased cooling.
Price: $9699. National Instruments PXIe-1095 product page.
- Targeting 5G with powerful building blocks
- National Instruments announces world’s first mmWave software-defined 5G transceiver – all in PXI
- National Instruments announces hot products during a cool NIWeek