Pesky Varmint aka Jerry Steele's profile
Biography has not been added
Pesky Varmint aka Jerry Steele's contributions
- 6 Comment(s)
- 2 Comment(s)
- 3 Comment(s)
- Thoughts on the circuits you should publish
- Thanks for the comments all of you. And Jeff in TX, I too observe many message boards (and never post). One must be very careful about what you find in them. You can find good information and bad. Kind of like using Spice simulation, you need to think rather than blindly trust the information you get.
- Simple, precise, bi-directional current source
- Thank you for the correction, I swear I triple checked this. The part numbers are correct, Q1 and Q3 are N-channel, and Q2 is P-channel. By the way Stephen, I've liked many of your articles.
- Cancel PWM DAC ripple with analog subtraction
- I'm very fond of simple, clever methods like this. Especially since I've had to use analog PWM so often.
- An overlay transistor cautionary tale
- And the world is still discovering the true meaning of the words: "second source"
- The weed-eater circuit
- My favorite test was a simple single stage bipolar with biasing, emitter and collector resistors and give them the voltages. Then ask them to calculate the voltage gain. The losers would immediately start mumbling something about beta.
- Chinese PCB shop spam is a thing
- If you want an adventure, try to get boards for dense pitch chip scale packages. I recently finally overcame this problem on a 0.35 pitch board. One way to tell if the PCB house can support this is if they can readily talk in metric, preferably down to micrometer, dimensions.
- Turn negative regulator “upside-down” to create bipolar supply from single source
- I like clever techniques like this. I'm always needing additions to my toolbox for splitting supplies.