Biography has not been added
- Resurrecting a 6-amp battery charger
- Comment on the comment about one of the diodes being bad: Figure 9 shows two equal peaks in nearly 17ms (1/60Hz), so both must be going..... (Fig 9 is at 5ms/div)
- They're still selling incandescent flashlights?
- For your "old" favorite Maglite torch you can get LED bulbs, same size as the original tungsten filament bulb, and has DC to DC? (LED drive) converter built into the base ! Search eBay for example...
- Old faithful tools
- As a Grad student way back in '74 I bought myself at HUGE expense an HP35 calculator - the first handheld calculator in the Engineering School and probably in the entire University (Auckland NZ) The plastic even came with its own smell unlike anything else... Anway a few years later now in Canada I dropped it and cracked one of the large ceramic IC's inside. HP's repair bill was about 1/2 the new price. So I bought a "Commodore" RPN calculator instead - which still runs (has plastic and indestructable IC's inside). Here is the point of this story - I regretted ever since in not get my '35 fixed, and even kept the "bits" in case I ever found a spare part or something. So my business partner knowing all this bought be a now much loved replacement '35 for my 60th ! Thanks Marcus.